Saturday 17 October 2020

Playing with Yellow

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for the month of October is yellow, so I pulled out my bag of yellow scraps and started sewing. (This is the bag after I sewed 48 mile a minute blocks). 


I thought 42 6 ½ inch squares might make a good crib size quilt.  After taking this picture I decided to add another row. 


Here it is with the blocks sewn together, now just to layer and quilt it, who knows when that will happen! 


Mile a minute is my go to block when I just need to sew, it was refreshing and cathartic to sew this little quilt top, and I’d say there is at least another crib quilt in the bag.  Perhaps next time I’ll go for a twin sized quilt.

Interested in the mile a minute block, I have a tutorial starting here.

My soul is fed with needle and thread.


4 comments:

  1. I like the same method for relaxing and getting calm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very bright and happy quilt. Great job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet quilt this will be, Edith! Nice work on busting through that bag of YELLOW scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sewing quilts like this. It is extremely relaxing when you just can't think anymore. I think I need to start another one after I finish a couple more RSC quilts. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete