Friday 6 August 2021

August goal

I have a goal for August and it is to piece the top of this One Block Wonder quilt. 


After Christmas last year I placed this out and played with the blocks, moving them around every day.  I just couldn’t seem to get a pleasing layout.  So I picked up the pieces and thought I’d try again another day.  Well it is one of the oldest things in my unfinished stash and I think it’s time to get it done, and now as I look at this picture I took before I picked the pieces up, I think I can live with this layout.  Anyone see any blaring block or colour problems?

I started this quilt with my youngest son Callum in mind, as he was always attracted to my One Block Wonder quilt book, he also loves the colour orange.  I would like to get this top complete this month with the hope of quilting and binding it next month.  September is his birth month, and I think he would be happy with a quilt gift.

Wish me luck, as I attempt to piece this quilt and participate in Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples. ~ Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment