Friday 30 July 2021

July’s goal complete

My goal for July was to quilt and bind this queen sized postage stamp quilt, and happily I did it, also enabling me to take part in ElmStreet Quilts One Monthly Goal


In January 2015 that I started sewing together 2 ½ inch squares as leader/enders, hoping one day to have a full sized postage stamp quilt. The top came together and July was the time for finishing. I always like to have a leader/ender project and I might have to think of what my next one will be.  Any ideas? 


There is a piece of nearly every fabric in my stash in this quilt of 1936 squares, 968 coloured fabrics and 968 whites. 


Quilted with continuous curves and an off white Glide thread called linen. 


 

QUILT DETAILS

Postage Stamp Quilt 2021

The finished quilt measures 89 inches by 89 inches.

Quilt has 1936 squares.

Started: January 2015.

Finished: July 2021

Color! What a deep and mysterious language, the language of dreams. ~ Paul Gaugin

5 comments:

  1. Very colorful. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing this big beauty. It must be nice to have this old UFO finally done. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a beauty! Lots of work in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! With all of the scraps you used, it's like a time capsule of projects you worked on. The quilting really makes it a standout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete