Sunday 12 February 2012

Buying a Longarm Quilting Machine


I was thinking about buying a longarm quilting machine for quite a while, and in preparation I talked to many longarmers about their machines and asked “how was business”.  It seemed that there was generally one of two answers to the business question; either quilters were as busy as they wanted to be or they were booked for three to six months.  These were good answers for my husband, as I’m sure he thought I had some romantic idea about a quilting business that had no basis in fact.... and I was going to blow all our money on it.  I found that most of the people that I talked to had an APQS Millennium, so I found a dealer and went for a test-drive.  I decided to buy the APQS Millennium and Inch by Inch Quilting was born.  Here is a picture of me test-driving Jennifer’s (Olde Town Quiltery) APQS Millennium.  Do I look happy?

Test-driving the Millennium

4 comments:

  1. Yes you look happy!! You are going to love it!! I got mine about 6 weeks ago, I purchased used though. And just can't believe it. Congrats!! Have you gone to the APQS forum, they are so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, I love my Millennium and I have used the APQS forum, yes very helpful and supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look happy. Best of luck with your business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Scraphappy, I'm really enjoying myself, I've been doing pantos for a few months, just starting some custom work.

    ReplyDelete