Wednesday 14 October 2015

Alison’s version of City Sampler



I quilted Alison’s City Sampler quilt designed by Tula Pink with fear and pleasure.  Alison is a perfect piecer, everything she sews is precision pieced, so it is such a pleasure to quilt for her.  Alison’s quilts are easy to load and so well behaved.  On the other hand for the very same reason I have trepidation, I hope that my skills enhance the lovely piecing and I am worried about anything that might go wrong (not sure what that could be).  I have ultimate respect for my customers who bring me such precise quilts.
 
Here is a picture of Alison’s quilt in all its glory.
City Sampler quilt
Alison picked the Angel Wings pantograph by Jodi Beamish which simply adds to the piecing and blocks in this quilt, without trying to steal the show.  We used a soft aqua thread called cloud which gave again the simplest shadow of quilting.
 
 
Angel Wings pantograph

Here is a picture of the pieced back.

And a close up of the back with more of Tula Pink’s fabric.

A beautiful quilt, front and back.

Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. ~ Angelique Arnauld

No comments:

Post a Comment