Thursday 8 September 2016

Two quilts by Doreen

I’m always happy when Doreen brings me quilts, I like her colourful scrappy style.
This first quilt is called Mumbo Gumbo a pattern by Pie in the Sky quilts.
Mumbo Gumbo quilt
We did some custom quilting on Mumbo Gumbo, feathers through the stripped pieces in the blocks

And a little design in the diagonal corners.

You can really see the quilting in this picture, just by the way the shadows fall.

Feathers on Mumbo Gumbo quilt

The second quilt that Doreen brought me is called Pumpkins, and I think it is a great way to use printed quilt panels/patches.  I like Doreen’s triangle detail in the border.
Pumpkins quilt
We used a pantograph called Pumpkin Patch by Patricia E. Ritter and a rust coloured thread.
Pumpkin Patch pantograph
Looks good with my Lion’s head on the fence, and you get a little glimpse of the pieced back.

Here they both are, ready to go home.

Lead a colourful life, sometimes all you need is a little splash of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment