Tuesday 7 March 2017

OMG for March

I’m going to be ambitious and instead of completing a quilt for my One Monthly Goal, I’d like to complete a project, which is two quilts.  They did start out as one quilt and in my mind they are a set.  I think I’ll save the story of these two quilts for the end of the month, so for now just some pictures.

Two Jelly Roll Race quilts, which once were one until I cut the large quilt in half.
 
Jelly-Roll Race quilts
Over the last couple of weekends I took a silk-screening class at the Alberta College of Art and Design and decided to embellish these quilts.  One with koi and a goldfish.



And the other with sea creatures, a couple of coral, a sea-horse and an octopus.




I wanted the silkscreened creatures to be just barely noticeable, sort of like they are in their habitat and just part of the quilt like quilting often is in the background and not the forefront.

My goal is to add an accent and a border and quilt these two by the end of March.  Better get busy.  When I last looked at Elm StreetQuilts March link-up there were 104 hopeful projects, I’m wondering how many there will be by time the link-up ends – have a look.


4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Love them! Good luck finishing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue-green fabrics are terrific on their own and then you go the extra mile and embellish with sea creatures! Kudos to you. Wish you all the best in meeting the OMG.
    And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog - Sew Preeti Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goal Edith....these look like they will be amazing with the embellishing. I look forward to hearing the 'full' story at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete