Thursday 30 March 2017

Kaffee Fassett Blue

The official name of this quilt is Economy Blue Patch Quilt and you will find the pattern in Kaffe Fassett’s book Country Garden Quilts.

I first purchased a bundle of assorted blue Kaffe Fasset prints at a quilt shop in Denver, and while collecting all of Kaffe’s books I came upon this pattern and decided this was how I was going to use my blue collection.  I did have to buy a few more fabrics, however I had a good variety to start with.

Economy Blue Patch is actually a medallion quilt, can you see the small blocks in the centre, surrounded by larger blocks and then bordered with smaller blocks again?
 

For quilting I picked a pantograph called Bellflower by Patricia E. Ritter and a blue tread.  I like how the flower landed in the middle of some of the larger blocks.


A busy quilt, which suits me just fine as I love Kaffe Fassett fabrics and quilt designs.
 

This quilt finishes at 63 inches square.  One for me to keep as my favourite colour is blue.

1 comment:

  1. The blocks in this quilt reminds me of Storm at Sea. I love the blue colours. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete