Saturday 2 September 2017

Looking forward to Orange

A new month and a new colour for the Rainbow ScrapChallenge.  The first project that I wanted to work on for the RSC were my Birch Tree quilt blocks, I only had orange left to finish.
 

I trimmed up all the blocks and laid them out, and then of course arranged, and rearranged until I liked the look.
 

My husband came and had a look and said “That’s my quilt”, I told him it would be a baby quilt, he thinks it should be a wall hanging, we’ll see.  It will measure about 35” x 44” when finished.

I’m now trying to decide how to quilt it, any ideas?

As you can see by the corner of the top picture, I started playing with other orange blocks, these will finish up all the required blocks for my Wonky Churn Dash quilt which will be a future Saturday post.  I didn’t want to go to bed last night, just sew, I stayed up too late.


I’m enjoying orange with other bloggers this month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.  ~ Ram Charan

10 comments:

  1. Isn't is wonderful when the important people in our lives validate our work?! Personally, if DH wanted the quilt, it would be his. Have fun with the rest of your ORANGE endeavors this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this quilt! This pattern has been on my to do list for a while. I've always thought that simple straight, randomly spaced horizontal lines would be a good way to quilt it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is Beautiful! I've got to put this block pattern on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Sheila said! I love your birch tree blocks, and they're going on my list, too! I love the scrappy trees on the rainbow of backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birch tree blocks look like fun. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Birch Tree quilt looks fantastic! Would quilting something swirly or leaf-like work with all those straight lines?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the Birch Tree blocks turned out - I think they will make an awesome wall hanging! Swirly quilting would be fun - something imitating the blowing wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun block, and yours are turning out so happy! I can picture straight lines running between the trees, a bit wavyish and organic. Either that or a hand quilting line on either side of each tree. Whatever you decide, it is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *love* bright birch trees. It's a lovely top. Some ditch quilting or straight lines echoing the trees would be nice. Whatever you do will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I can see why your husband said it was his quilt. I'm always at a loss for how to quilt my quilts so good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete