Saturday 16 September 2017

Scrappy Orange Saturday

I’ve been enjoying playing with my orange scraps this week, they seem so bright and cheery and they are our theme colour for the RainbowScrap Challenge (RSC) and the month of September.

A Rainbow project that still needed orange was the High Five blocks I’m assembling.
 

I thought this pattern by Amanda Jean Nyberg in the book Sunday Morning Quilts would be an excellent project to play with for the RSC.  My plan is to make ten little squares and one large one each month as our colours change.

I also added a few orange leaders and enders for my future postage stamp quilt, I only need 168 more of these little sets and I will have enough for a full size quilt, getting close.
 

While taking these pictures I turned to see the Queen of Hearts and my deck planter enjoying the sunshine.


Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.  ~ Walt Whitman

8 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful selection of ORANGE blocks for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those High Five blocks! That will be a fun and scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun block. Sounds like you have it all planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those High Five blocks are so great for a scrappy look. Nice variety with the large block included. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Queen of Hearts...oh and the blocks....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your orange prints and blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those High Five blocks would be an excellent RSC block too! I wish I had a Queen of Hearts. How cute! I mostly have fairies in my garden.

    ReplyDelete