Saturday 31 March 2018

Green March …


for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC). 

I’ve been pre-occupied this month making quilted alphabet letters for my grandson Jaxon’s fourth birthday, however they are complete and mailed so I was able to do some RSC sewing. 

First I wanted to keep up with the RSC 2018 Sampler, so I finished my three lime green Red Cross blocks, you can find a tutorial at TheAcademic Quilter

My next project was to make my High Five blocks, ten little ones and one large block.  High Five is from the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison

Sewing these blocks give me hope of Spring, we are having yet another episode of Winter here in Calgary, with more snow and very low temperatures. 

April will bring a new colour with the RSC, I wonder what it will be?


We are not given a good live or a bad life.  We are given a life.  It’s up to us to make it good or bad.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks for the BOM. And the High Five Blocks seems to be a lot of fun. Next color will be Yellow and Golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss green month, it's so full of promise! But yellow is happy too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Squared Away blocks look great! I love the variety of greens you used. The High Five blocks look like such a good way to use smaller pieces - I should read that book again to see how they're made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that the warmth of Spring has yet to arrive. Enjoy your bright and cheerful YELLOW scraps during April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete