Sunday 29 April 2018

April’s One Monthly Goal

I’m so happy to have completed my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for April.  At the beginning of the month I set out to quilt and bind this blue and white quilt which I believe is the oldest item in my stack (many stacks) of projects on the go. 
This quilt is full of so many memories, I think I might just have to keep it for myself.  It all began with a bag of cotton scraps my friend Nancy gave me, leftovers from her clothing business.  I pulled all the blue and white fabrics and began cutting into pieces that were multiples of one and a half inches (to finish at multiples of one inch) anything up to 10 ½ inches as the finished squares are all 10 ½ inches.  In Nancy’s collection are pieces of fabric from clothing that I bought from her – memories.  I then added blue and whites from my stash which included bit of past sewing projects.  There is a piece from my husband’s nightshirt , some from my daughter and my son’s baby quilts, some blues from my DoubleWedding Ring quilt, the Winner’s Bouquet and other quilts, pieces from a block exchange, a bag that I made to carry quilt projects, the toaster cover for my step-mother and more.  So many stories in this memory quilt, it just makes me happy.

I decided to piece the back, originally thinking I would piece larger pieces from my stash, and then I got carried away and began cutting them into 10 inch squares. 
My son helped me pick the Circuit pantograph by Anne Bright. 
Happy to have this quilt finished, I am inspired to complete a project from my pile each month by Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal link-up, consider joining us. 
Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories. ~ Walter Benjamin

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt!!! And I love the quote at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete