Thursday 31 May 2018

Pastel Star Bouquet


My OMG (One Monthly Goal) for May was to quilt and bind this lovely, a Kaffe Fassett design.  It was raining outside so I had to take photos inside. 
I have collected most of Kaffe Fassett’s quilting books and some knitting books as well, I just love the busy colourful designs.  While on a trip to Las Vegas my husband and I did a five quilt shop tour, and on tour I was looking for this book.  I found it in Quiltique along with a kit of all the fabrics for the cover quilt which was the Pastel Star Bouquet.  It’s been hanging around for a while in various stages of completion, so it became my May project.

Because of the Dahlias in some of the fabrics I decided to quilt it with the Dahlia pantograph by Hermione Agee and I used a pink variegated thread. 

For the backed I pieced some of my bigger Kaffe Fassett prints which I purposely bought at the Red Deer quilt show for this quilt. 



A label to complete the quilt. 
I am moving in the direction of completing my quilting projects and inspired to finish one a month by Patty at Elm Street Quilts, check out all the other finishes and consider joining in the fun.

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Saw this beautiful flower on a recent trip to Sandpoint, Idaho.  Anyone know what it is? 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous - love this quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete