Saturday 8 September 2018

Squared Away Quilt Block


September already!

Our colours for this month with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are dark blue or neutral, so I’ve picked dark blue to make September’s Squared Away block.  Mari from The Academic Quilter says:  “This block is called Queen Charlotte's Crown, a Nancy Cabot block from the 1930’s.” 
I had fun looking through my blue fabric scraps to pick complementary fabrics for these blocks. 


With one month to go on this project, here are my blocks to date.
I’m missing August, so hope to get caught up before the end of the year.

The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. ~ Michael Altshuler 

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I hope to have mine done by next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty with the yellow accent fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome, and all of your blocks look great together. It's going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sampler blocks turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Queen Charlotte's Crown blocks - it's a neat pattern and your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete