Saturday 29 September 2018

Under the Sea quilt

My One Monthly Goal (OMG) for September is completed.  I set out to quilt and bind this quilt made with many water themed fabrics so I’ve decided to call it Under the Sea. 

Here are some of the fun fabrics I’ve included. 






Quilted with the Seaside pantograph by Kathie James and a Marine variegated top thread.  Hopefully you can see the shell shapes in the quilting, there are four, along with wavy water swirls. 




 
I found this great ocean waves fabric for the backing. 
And I remembered to label this quilt before quilting. 
Looking through my stash I found this lovely Japanese Sashico looking fabric, it reminds me of the Shells quilt pattern, another quilt on my to do list. 

Stop by Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal link-up to see many other completed projects and consider joining in the fun for October.

The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. ~ Jules Verne

2 comments:

  1. Love all these fabrics - this is a wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting theme with a beautiful mix of wonderful fabrics. there is such a lot to see in this quilt; it's just right for an insomniac!

    ReplyDelete