Saturday 27 October 2018

Dewey Dream quilt block


This week, I completed the last three blocks for the Squared Away quilt along lead by Angela of Soscrappy and Mari of The Academic Quilter.  Mari says that this is the “Dewey Dream block, from the 1899 edition of the Orange Judd Farmer, an agricultural publication.” 
Next I’ll have to figure out how to arrange my thirty, 10 inch blocks that I have completed, and that task will likely become a One Monthly Goal (OMG) project, of which there are a few others in line before my Squared Away blocks.

Squared Away was part of this year’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  If you go to the Soscrappy blog and check out the last couple of Saturdays, you will see that some keen quilters have already pieced their Squared Away quilt tops.  I will be looking to them for inspiration.

Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics. ~ Victor Pinchuk

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! I love your green fabrics, small leaves are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on this month's RSC Squared Away Sampler block. Best of luck arranging them with all of the others!

    ReplyDelete