Saturday 25 May 2019

Scrappy Triple Four Patch


I’m starting another quilt, and thought I would show off my orange(y) blocks for Orange May with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge
The quilt is called UFO Complete and it’s from the book Simple Strategies for Block-swap Quilts, by Lynn Roddy Brown. 

There will be 90 of the triple four patch, 5 double four patch blocks and 220 squares.  

It’s supper scrappy, and you can get an idea of what it’s going to look like here.  When I quilted Doreen’s quilt I just loved the design and scrappiness of this quilt, so it’s been on my ‘to do’ list for a while.  Then about a month ago I decided to start by cutting a 3 ½ inch strip of most of the fabrics in my stash.

What's meant to be will always find a way Trisha Yearwood

4 comments:

  1. I took a class with Lynn years ago - she is really good with scrappy! I have 2 of her books! She was a neat lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how this is looking..I really like any kind of "chaining" effect in quilts--nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous block! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the Triple 4-Patch on my TO MAKE list for approximately 15 years. One of these days, I will take the plunge. In the meantime, Edith, I will enjoy seeing your quilt come together!!

    ReplyDelete