Saturday 23 January 2021

Enjoying Pink

January is pink at Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I am sewing along with my pink scraps.  I finished a bunch of pink mini log cabin bookmarks which I will be adding to my booth/album in Calgary’s Virtual Market on Facebook. 


The Calgary Virtual Market started just before Christmas 2020 and I applied to be a vendor, as all public markets and the usual Artisan sale that I take part in at Mount Royal University were not happening.  I did very well at the market and applied to take part for the whole next year.  These little bookmarks were a hit, so I will continue making them through the year in all the colours of the rainbow.

This week I also cut all my fabric for Quilty Love’s Infinite Heart Quilt Along


Hopefully next week I’ll have some heart blocks to show.

I’m happy to say that I am actually putting a dent in my pink fabric stash, feels good.

Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is. ~ Mandy Hale

4 comments:

  1. Sweet PINK bookmarks, Edith! Glad to hear that you did SEW well at the marketplace. Your Infinite Heart quilt is sure to be darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see why the bookmarks are such good sellers--they're adorable! Good luck with the hearts, and thanks for the uplifting quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet tiny log cabins in your bookmarks. How narrow did you cut the strips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marly, 3/4 inch cuts and 1/4 inch finished. Little square measures is 2 1/4 inches before sewing into a project like bookmarks.

      Delete