Friday 29 January 2021

Yellow Baby Mile a Minute quilt

Happily I have completed my One Monthly Goal for January, which was to quilt and bind this Mile a Minute baby quilt. 


When it came time for quilting, the yellow said "daisies" to me, so I used the Daisies Galore pantograph by Irene Steele. 


Found a lovely piece for the back in my stash. 

I pieced this little quilt top last October while participating in Soscrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) and this month I complete it while participating in Elm Street Quilt’s One Monthly Goal.

I finished sewing the binding on at Finishing School, a ‘drop in’ that I run (virtually for now) through the Mount Royal University Library’s Maker Studio on Thursday’s from 12:30 to 1:30 MST.  I fondly refer to it as Stitch and Bitch, however since we are an academic institution we call it Finishing School.  Finishing School came into being as I was always racing to finish a quilt at the end of the month and would use my noon hours at work to handsew the binding, others began to join me and it has evolved into a weekly event with any kind of handwork being done. All are welcome, consider joining us if you are free.

This little quilt will now go to my Album (booth) at Calgary’s Virtual Market on Facebook.

QUILT DETAILS

Yellow Baby Mile a Minute 2021

The finished quilt measures 36 inches by 48 inches.

Started: October 2020.

Finished: January 2021

 

May your week be filled with good thoughts, kind people, happy moments, and unexpected blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete