Saturday 24 July 2021

Slabs or Mile a minute

In keeping with dark blue, the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I pulled out my bag of darker blue scraps and began sewing.  These blocks are a cross between Slabs, by Cheryl Arkison and Mile a minute blocks.

I decided to make them 12 ½ inches unfinished.  I also wanted a pop of colour.  After examining the colour wheel, I decided to throw it aside and picked lime green.  


Looks like had enough fabric in that bag to get a twin size top, I’ll be adding one more row of blocks to the bottom to make it long enough.  This has been my obsession for this past week, while trying to finish my One Monthly Goal and clean my sewing room.  Cleaning always finds me distracted.  

You never know what you have, until you clean your room.


1 comment: