Thursday 25 January 2018

Baby’s Block

This is my son Kevin’s baby quilt from 41 years ago - today is Kevin’s birthday.  Baby's Block was probably the first quilt I ever completed. 

Before Kevin was born I took a quilting class at SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) and this was one of the quilts I made during the class.  I was attracted to geometry in quilt blocks and liked the three-dimensional look of the baby’s block pattern.

The instructor was teaching us how to tie quilts, so this little quilt was tied, however I decided the ties should be on the underside of the quilt, to give contrast and decoration on the solid white back of the quilt, I felt the tie detail would be lost on the front of the quilt.


Kevin, who has three boys of his own, has this quilt at his home now.

Happy Birthday Kevin.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mom love you lots and I also love all of the quilts I have in my home that you have made for me over the years. Proud and lucky son of a quilter I am for sure xoxo.

    ReplyDelete