Thursday 4 January 2018

Lynne’s quilt

I made this green mile a minute quilt especially for Lynne (a friend of my sister Cheryl) who hosted me and my husband a couple of years ago when we went to Cheryl’s convocation in Toronto.


I had always wanted to make her a gift, but for some reason stalled, any idea I had just didn’t seem right.  Then when my sister was on a recent visit to Calgary, she saw a monochromatic Mile a Minute quilt top that I had just completed, so I knew I would make Lynne a quilt in her colours.  I remembered burgundy’s and dark blue and my sister said definitely green.

I used up my larger pieces of green to complete the back of this quilt.


And included a label.


Lynne’s quilt is quilted with the Blowing in the Wind pantograph by Irene Steele of Willow Leaf Studios.


It's going in the mail tomorrow, I hope she likes it.

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. ~ Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment