Saturday 20 January 2018

Cogs

Along with other projects I have on the go for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I have decided to work on a quilt called Cogs by Leila Gardunia.  As we have 10 months of colours to play through and I will need 48 of blocks to make a full-sized quilt I plan to make 5 blocks in each colour.  Here are my first 5 with the main colour of the block in light to medium blues, our January colours.


My friend Sandra is making this quilt, and I really liked that she was using srappy fabrics for the background.  I love scrappy and I felt it gave the blocks more appeal.

As I was making my blocks I needed to add the second colour in the cog as well as the centre piece, so I have gone ahead and pulled some fabrics in my stash for future months, following Angela’s colour plan for the 2018 RSC.


You can find this pattern in the Summer 2015 edition of Fons & Porter’s Scrap Quilts.

It is beneath human dignity to lose one’s individuality and become a mere cog in the machine.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

6 comments:

  1. I love that block especially your scrappy version. I made one using a similar block called Broken Wheel found at Quilter's Cache.
    http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BrokenWheelBlock.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! Especially since Angela has added some color combos this year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Cog blocks. Great start for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun block. I love scrappy backgrounds too, they add lots of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are neat blocks! I haven't seen that one before and enjoyed enlarging your photo to see how it was made. They are really pretty with your blues and other scrappy colors!

    ReplyDelete