Sunday 21 January 2018

City Tiles quilt-along

I’ve decided to join in the City Tiles QAL, I saw a picture of the block on Pinterest, and was interested and while reading about City Tiles realized that it called for Fat Eights, I had a bunch of co-ordinating Fat Eights that my mom had given me and was wondering what to do with them.  City Tiles was the inspiration that I needed.

Week One is to Prep, Order (plan) fabrics, Plan out the quilt top. I guess I’m a little ahead of the game, I bought the pattern, started playing with the fabric and then cut everything (opps, that’s week two).  Here’s what I’ve got.


I’m trying to come up with a name of my version of City Tiles, perhaps Loretta’s (my mom’s name) Tiles, or Inspired by Loretta, any other ideas? 

Unfortunately I won’t be able to play along on Instagram, I can follow and view pictures on my computer, however I don’t have a device to download the Instagram application to.

It seems that this January is a time of starting, I think this is the third quilt I have started this month.  Feeling inspired.

You can see the quilt and start of the QAL at Quilty Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment