Saturday 9 January 2016

A Rainbow of Paintbox Blocks



January’s colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is blue, so I decided to make three Paintbox blocks.
Paintbox quilt blocks
I only needed three more blocks to have the eighty that I wanted to complete this top, here they are all laid out.  This is not the final arrangement, I just wanted to see what they looked like.  I plan on sashing them with white.
Paintbox quilt blocks
Paintbox was originally a quilt-a-long with Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson!, however this quilt is no longer on her blog.

Please take a moment to see what others are doing for the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge you might even want to join in on the fun.

I dream my painting and I paint my dream. ~ Vincent van Gogh

13 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! It's going to be a very happy, scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those bright colours. Your blue blocks will fit in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are a neat block that I haven't seen before! Your scrappy layout is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blocks! this will be a fantastic quilt when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that your Paintbox blocks have seen the light of day again and might be a quilt soon! I remember you making those in RSCs past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Paintbox blocks. It is going to a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scraphappy fun! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks all look so good together. You are going to have a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have long admired this quilt pattern. Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you really want sashing? I think the blocks look beautiful sitting right next to each other!

    ReplyDelete