Saturday 30 January 2016

Blue January



Today is the last Saturday for blue in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I spent last evening finishing up my Blue Scrap box.  The pattern is from the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.


Blue fabric scrap box
My little box is full even after using many blue scraps to make it and a couple of blue slabs earlier in January.  I love blue, so I’m sure it will usually be overflowing.  An then there were three –
Fabric scrap boxes
At the beginning of the year I did a little inventory of Rainbow projects to see what I needed to work on and I have a few of the Wonky Churn Dash  quilt blocks to finish, as the alternative colour for January was purple, I made a couple of purple Wonky Churn Dash quilt blocks.
Wonky Churn Dash quilt block
Take a moment to be inspired by what others are doing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at Soscrappy.  That’s it for today, I have a load of customer quilts to long arm, so best get with it.  Thank you for stopping by and a big thank you if you post a comment, I love hearing from you. 
 
Quilters recycle piece by piece.

15 comments:

  1. Great boxes. Love that a lot. I pressume more will join the party later on. Beautiful wonky Churn Dash too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those scrap boxes you’ve been making and should succumb to those sooner rather than later! And your wonky Churn Dashes are awesome. I’ve filed the idea away for RSC 2017. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made several of those last year for RSC15. I still have other colors to make. Don't you just love them? You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your scrappy rainbow scrap boxes ... <3 <3 <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scrap boxes. I just finished one if blue as well. Now if only all the blue scraps would fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun with those scrap boxes in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great boxes! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't begin to tell you how much I love the scrap boxes. They are exceptional!! Cute wonky churn dashes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someday I must make scrappy bins like these! A great monthly project too, perhaps I will get on this..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colorful scrap bins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great scrap bins. I've got those on my one day plan to make now that I have the space. Yours look nice and square, will have to have a look at that book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your scrappy fabric boxes. The wonky churn dash are a new one to me, very nice in the purple. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your scrappy fabric boxes. Enjoy watching them come together in the rainbow colors. Thank you for sharing pictures.

    ReplyDelete