Saturday 9 March 2019

Quilted Storage Box


Angela at Soscrappy has chosen green as the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and my first green project to play with is a quilted storage box for my little green scraps. 
I also wanted to practice quilting spiral circles, as my OneMonthly Goal for this month is to quilt a twin size quilt with spiral circles, so I’ve made my first attempts on this little box.  I can see I need a little more practice, especially in the beginning circles. 

My least favourite part of making these boxes is inserting the cardboard, and I still had a black box which was waiting all soft with no supporting cardboard, so I finished it up as well. 
You can find the pattern for the Quilted Storage Box in Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg, and Cheryl Arkison.

Now to use up a few more scraps from my little green box for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over the weeks of March.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. ~ Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. Your scraps look so nicely organized in the boxes! Those are a wonderful way to put scraps to use. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOTH storage boxes turned out well. Of course, I'm partial to the GREEN one!! Regarding the cardboard... I just skip that part of the process.

    ReplyDelete