Saturday 16 March 2019

Green Leaves


This is my third set of leaf potholders, as I prepare for an Artisan sale in November.  If I keep on track and make a set each month, I should be somewhat prepared. Green is the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, here they are in green.  Each month they are getting a little easier to make. 

So far this year I have red leaves and yellow leaves.   You can find the leaf potholder pattern at Patchwork Pottery. 


Working from my fabric scraps and stash I’ve pieced the fronts and found these lovely greens for the back. These green leaves did required a trip to the fabric store for a fat quarter for the bias binding. 

My green buttons don’t contain the same amount of cuteness as my red or yellows, still I was able to find a button for embellishment. 

Green leaves are in abundance in nature, and I wouldn’t mind spending time in this green place. 

Photo by Chris Abney on Unsplash
Learn character from trees, values from roots, and change from leaves. ~ Tasneem Hameed

3 comments: